He recalled thus, "Four years ago, a middle ranking Boko Haram commander led dozens of fighters in search of food and other supplies in the remote town of Chibok, like an afterthought, they saw a chance to abduct school girls in GSS Chibok, the girls at the time were preparing for their exams".
In April 2016, on the eve of the abduction's second anniversary, it emerges that Boko Haram has sent a "proof of life" video to the government. The organization targets particularly such schools where the syllabus of education is secular.
Another activist, Habiba Balogun, said she hoped that would happen after almost nine years of violence that has left at least 20,000 dead and made more than 2.6 million homeless. Though the Nigerian President Mohammed Bukhari ran a successful campaign for eliminating Boko Haram and succeeded in freeing a large region, the terrorist organisation is still making deadly attacks on the military and citizens.
"As stated by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, the government is not relenting". He also assured the parents of the schoolgirls that "their daughters will never be forgotten or abandoned to their fate, despite four long years since they were taken away by terrorists". It restated its calls for the release of all hostages in Boko Haram custody. He had asked them not to lose hope, promising that his administration will ensure the girls are set free and brought back to them.
"The recent safe return of more than 100 of the Dapchi girls following the determined efforts of the Federal Government, should give all of us confidence that all hope is not lost".
Salkida, a journalist, known to have access to information as regards the kidnapped Chibok girls, had on Saturday said numerous girls died as a result of crossfires from security forces.
Champions League: The most entertaining semi-final draw
When will the semi-finals take place? The Champions League semi-final draw will take place on Friday, April 13 . The second legs are a week later, Tuesday, May 1 and Wednesday, May 2.
The Boko Haram conflict is in its tenth year, but shows little sign of ending.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) yesterday said that at least 2,295 teachers had been killed in the North-east since the conflict started in 2009.
Amnesty International's Nigeria director, Osai Ojigho, said the Chibok abduction was a small part of a bigger issue.
"Far more support must also be provided for past victims", she said, proposing a register for abducted people.
Some Dapchi parents were in Chibok on Saturday in a show of solidarity. But the region's deepening humanitarian crisis, mainly sparked by Boko Haram's years-long insurgency, remains one of the world's most severe.
According to him, Salkida's claims are only meant to discourage the government.